How to Check BVN on Airtel Using USSD Codes
What is BVN ?
The Bank Verification Number (BVN} is a unique identification number that can be verified across all financial institutions in Nigeria. A customer’s BVN is mapped to the individual’s biological traits namely: * Finger Print * Signature * Facial photograph captured at the point of enrolment
Benefits of BVN
Below are some benefits of the Bank Verification Number in Nigeria.
- The BVN database is searched to display relevant information about an individual; this is called the bio-data (it includes names, phone numbers, addresses, dates of birth).
- The unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across all banks in Nigeria.
- BVN offers the verification and validation of the customers’ identity seamlessly across multiple electronic platforms.
- With the aid of the Bank Verification Number (BVN), Financial institutions can track customers, especially in loan repayment.
- BVN limits Cyber crime and fraud.
How to Check BVN on Airtel – USSD Codes To Check Your NIN on Airtel
Do you know you can retrieve your Bank Verification number using your mobile phone with just few clicks using the guidelines below
To check or access your BVN on Airtel
follow the guide below :
- On your Mobile phone and sim card used in BVN enrolment, dial *565*0#.
- Wait until your number is displayed on the screen of your device.
- Then copy the BVN and save it in a safe place.